Start-ups and Arbitration
The topic of Helsinki International Arbitration Day (HIAD) 2021, organized in Helsinki, Finland on 3 December 2021, is Start-ups and Arbitration. HIAD will follow the world’s leading start-up event Slush, establishing Helsinki as the world’s start-up capital during the first week of December.
Dispute resolution services are purposed to solve the problems of their end customers. Therefore, the providers of the services must listen to their users and understand the reality and the needs of those utilizing their service offering. Start-up companies are not a homogeneous group and do not necessarily share the same needs in terms of resolving their disputes. Common features, however, exist, which typically separate start-ups from other types of companies utilizing dispute resolution services. Such features may relate, for instance, to the future-oriented mode of operation, fast development, and corporate structures typical for companies in the start-up stage.
In addition to addressing the dispute resolution needs of start-ups, HIAD will discuss a range of other related topics. These topics include arbitrating shareholder disputes, what lawyers could learn from the start-up community, customers’ expectations of dispute resolution services, and how start-ups may contribute to innovation in arbitration. The event will culminate with the 110th anniversary dinner of the Finland Arbitration Institute (FAI).
HIAD2021 arrival instructions
- To enter HIAD2021, all participants must present upon entry to the conference:
- a valid photo ID and
- a valid EU Digital Covid Certificate (EUDCC) or
- a valid vaccination, recovery, or negative test result certificate issued by a third country for which the EU has adopted an equivalence decision. Please note that a valid covid certificate includes an EUDCC compliant QR code.
- If you are arriving to HIAD2021 from a country of which the national covid certificate is not accepted as equivalent to EUDCC, or you do not have an EUDCC compliant covid certificate, please contact Conference Manager Kirsi Loikas, kirsi.loikas(a)chamber.fi, +358 40 545 7451 as soon as possible. For more information on the EU equivalence scheme, please refer to the European Commission website here.
- Please download your covid certificate to your phoneor print it out in advance.
- When you arrive at Clarion Hotel Helsinki, follow the HIAD2021 signposts to the conference venue on the 3rd floor.
- Upon your arrival to the HIAD2021 conference venue, our door personnel will first check your photo ID and covid certificate. Please have them at the ready when entering the venue. The Finland Arbitration Institute (FAI) does not save information of the covid certificates presented at HIAD2021.
- After the check of your photo ID and covid certificate, you will be guided to the registration desk, where you will be issued your conference badge. All HIAD2021 participants are required to wear their conference badge at all times during the event.
- We recommend the HIAD2021 conference participants to use a face mask during the event when possible. Masks can be removed while eating or drinking and speaking on stage. HIAD2021 will have face masks and hand sanitizer available at the event.
- For further information and questions, please contact Conference Manager Kirsi Loikas, kirsi.loikas(a)chamber.fi, +358 40 545 7451, or FAI Secretary General Sanna Kaistinen, sanna.kaistinen(a)arbitration.fi, +358 50 307 8327.
HIAD2021 COVID policy
Requirements set in the EU Digital Covid Certificate (EUDCC)
We require all HIAD2021 conference participants to comply with the requirements set in the EU Digital Covid Certificate (EUDCC) when attending the event. This means that all participants must be either vaccinated against COVID-19, have received a recent (max. 72 hours before the event) negative test result, or have recovered from COVID-19 within six (6) months of the event.
HIAD2021 will require all conference participants to present a valid photo ID and an EUDCC or a valid vaccination, recovery, or negative test result certificate issued by a third country for which the EU has adopted an equivalence decision upon entry to the event. Please note that a valid covid certificate includes an EUDCC compliant QR code. Please also refer to the HIAD2021 arrival instructions.
Please only attend HIAD2021 in good health.
If you need to cancel your participation due to falling ill and/or symptoms related to COVID-19, please contact Conference Manager Kirsi Loikas, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 40 545 7451.
The private HIAD2021 after-event at Living Room Lounge, Clarion Hotel Helsinki (1st floor) after the conference dinner, will require upon entry the re-presentation of an EUDCC or a valid vaccination, recovery, or negative test result certificate issued by a third country for which the EU has adopted an equivalence decision. Please note that a valid covid certificate includes an EUDCC compliant QR code. Living Room Lounge will welcome our conference guests to a private HIAD2021 afterparty from 22.30 until 02.00.
Conference fee 450 € + 24 % VAT
HIAD is the biggest, most important and most international arbitration conference in Finland, featuring world-class speakers discussing the latest developments in international arbitration and mediation. The event attracts more than 200 participants from all over the world.”
If you wish to become a HIAD Conference Partner,
please contact Conference Manager Ms Kirsi Loikas
Mobile +358 40 545 7451